Greetings, Scholarship Applicants!
The Scholarship Ministry is excited about the opportunity to award Metropolitan Missionary Baptist Church (MMBC) members who are college-bound academic scholarships. These scholarships are made possible as a result of the generous support of the members and friends of MMBC.
The criteria for these scholarships will be based on the following:
- -Active membership (participation in ministry and attendance at worship services)
- -Recommendation (teachers, coaches, employers, mentors, counselors, etc.)
- -Essay 300 - 350 words (see the application for details)
- -Academic performance (minimum 2.5 GPA)
The following documents need to be electronically attached to your completed application and emailed to email@example.com:
- -Letter of Recommendation
- -Proof of enrollment from a college or university (at least 12 undergraduate hours or six postgraduate hours)
The deadline for the application and all requested documents is December 15, 2023. Members of the Scholarship Ministry will review each application, and all eligible applicants will be informed by January 2, 2024. The funds will be awarded to students upon proof of enrollment in classes. All information provided to the review committee will be strictly confidential.
If you have any questions, please call the MMBC office (816-923-3689). Tonia Wade or Vickie Byrd will be notified, and they will return your call within 24 hours.
Educational Expense (Include all costs)
Attach to this application a 300-500 word typed essay addressing the following questions:
- How will this scholarship help you reach you educational goals?
- How do you plan to assist your church or community following graduation?
(A copy of the scoring guide is available upon your request.)
Letter of Recommendation
Attach a letter of recommendation from a teacher, administrator, coach, community, or church leader to this application.