UPDATE FROM PASTOR
TO: Members & Friends of Metropolitan
FROM: Desk of the Pastor
RE: AN UPDATED RESPONSE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
DATE: March 19, 2020
In response to the coronavirus pandemic, Mayor Lucas issued directives for the closing of schools and disallowing of gatherings totaling more than 10 people by March 19, 2020. Moreover, there has been a call for restaurants and bars to close to prevent the spread of the virus. According to the Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS), there have been thirteen positive cases in Missouri, with one confirmed case in Jackson County.
In light of these developments, I am asking:
- All services and gatherings at the church be suspended until further notice (this does not include the charitable ministries);
- All meetings and activities are herewith suspended until further notice (Zoom online accounts will be provided for virtual meetings);
- All weddings are to be suspended until further notice. In the case of funerals, should the need arise, streaming graveside services with less than ten attendees will be encouraged.
In view of the above directives, we, as a congregation, are challenged with innovating and implementing new ways of Glorifying God in this time and place. It is important to remember that while our ministry delivery will have to change, rest assure our ministry delivery will not stop. So, as we take advantage of this marvelous opportunity at this very difficult moment in our history, I am asking we begin with five focal ministries:
- Online Worship - providing live and simulated streaming, as well as DVD/CD recorded broadcast delivery options (utilizing the following technology Periscope TV App).
- Worship Services may be viewed live Sundays at 8 and 10 AM, on demand via church website, as well as free DVD/CD recordings.
- Worship Online
- Bible Study - live streaming delivery Wednesday at noon and 6:30 PM accessed via Zoom at https://zoom.us/j/9578742690
- Bible Study
- Dial-in options: +13126266799,,9578742690# US (Chicago) OR +16465588656,,9578742690# US (New York)
- Charity - food, clothing, utility bill assistance and other social service support. (2nd, 3rd, and 4th Tuesdays 9:30-11:30 AM)
- Small Group Meetings - increasing new Life Link small groups as we begin to make greater use of the Small Group Ministry model.
- Kingdom Kids Platform - development of virtual worship experience for children and youth that can be accessed via website.
We cannot be successful in this effort without the consistent and continuous giving of offerings. Please note that there are multiple ways for you to contribute to the MMBC ministry. These include:
- Church Website - you can click on the giving link and pay via PayPal;
- Givelify App - download app and give in a couple easy steps; and
- Church Addressed Stamped Envelopes - just call or come to church office (816 9233689) and request envelopes. Church Office hours 9AM-4PM.
Let us now go forth remembering: God is our refuge and strength a very present help in the time of trouble (Psalm 46:1)